Mac Email Setup
Steps on how to set up your Mail from your Mac.
Note: When using the examples below, be sure to replace mail.yoursite.com with your actual domain name. Eg. mail.mysite.com
Follow the steps below to configure email using Mac Mail.
- Open the Mac Mail application.
- From the File menu, choose Add Account. First time users will be automatically prompted to create an account.
- Enter your server information.
For Hostroman, non SSL settings for the incoming mail server will be mail.yourdomain.com.
For SSL settings, you’ll need to look at the settings in your cpanel email configuration area that we accessed previously.
Your user name is actually you complete email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’ll set up the outgoing mail server, which is just the same as the incoming for non SSL Hostgator settings. And again the user name is your email address.
- You end up at the Mac Mail account summary page. Mac Mail might give you a popup about verifying the server information. In that case, click continue. The Mac Mail summary page will look as follows.
- Click the create button to complete the process.